Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Glass can be hard

For the first time ever i tried photographing glasses, not exactly easy, to say the least. I did have a lot of help from the book "Light: science & magic". Which by the way, i highly recommend anyone picking up a copy of.

So anyways, with out that book, i probably would of been lost. However, since i had it i was able to take a few decent images in my opinion. I am sure anyone who photographs tabletop stuff regularly would beg to differ.

Although this isn't a new or unique image by any means, it is a first for me, and the only way to learn is to try. Also, I did some other images with water splashing out of a glass, but felt this one worked better.

This was my set up. One Alien bee 800 on the floor pointed up a this skinny white paper. The glass was set on foam board(except for the ones where the wine is being poured).

-Sam

No comments: