Monday, August 3, 2009

Cityscapes

I've always loved cityscapes, but lets face it, downtown Albuquerque was never all that great for a good cityscape. So, one of the first things I wanted to shoot here in Denver was a good cityscape of downtown. Luckily for me, my girlfriend works at a facility that has a 14 story building which has some pretty awesome views of downtown and she was able to talk with the security guard and get him to allow me up top and on one of the balcony's after hours. As far as I know it is the tallest structure west of downtown Denver so it has a pretty unique view.


I wasn't able to get up top as early as I would of liked and I missed all the direct sunlight. So all the images were made after sunset, which at first I was a little bit concerned because I had missed the golden hour, but as the light slowly disappeared the some awsome colors emerged.





I am going to try and get back up there again sometime during a Rockies baseball game and while there is still some light out.

-Sam

No comments: