Monday, March 1, 2010

Denver Fixed Gear

Just wanted to share a few images from other night shooting Daina, a fixed gear rider here in Denver.

This first image was shot like a previous shot I did a while back. It is shot with a Canon 5d with a 15mm fisheye that held by a Bogen Magic Arm that is super clamped to the frame of the bike. I wanted to shoot Daina riding past a steaming manhole downtown, and I stood off to the side of the road with a Canon 580 flash in my hand that I fired with the camera to light Daina as he rode through the steam. Although, I did not take a picture of the set up you can get a pretty good idea in my previous post, the only difference is I just stood on the side of the road and used the flash instead of putting it on another bike.


In addition to getting the riding shot we did some portraits in an alley way nearby. To light these I used an Alien Bee 800 powered by a batter pack with a large softbox. I had the Alien Bee turned down to its lowest power to allow for the ambient light to come into the picture. You can see the set up shot below.





-Sam

No comments: